Pages

Monday 18 March 2013

Wylde Embers


Hi everyone!
Sorry for the lack of blog posts of late. Had a lot of personal issues to sort out over the last couple of weeks.
I have also been keeping busy doing my pyrography. I have now created a Facebook page for my wood burning which I have called Wylde Embers.






I have created several boxes including a Elen of the ways box and a Avalon tarot box for Zee.

Elen of the ways box featuring a doe. 



Zee asked for a box to keep her Avalon oracle cards safe and asked that it included images associated with Avalon.


I got busy sketching out some ideas on paper which I then drew on to the box. As I worked more ideas for images came to mind and the box turned out to be one of the easiest designs I had made. I look forward to next weekends moot when I can give it to her.


This was based on a image her husband took of her greeting the sunrise.




Have also been creating totem key rings and I made a key ring for one of my work colleagues of his pet dog Diesel.



I have been a digital artist for over ten years, I love creating art in this medium but I had a hard time explaining to others how the images are created. With pyrography nothing needs to be explained. You can easily tell that all the markings have been created using a hot tool.

Everyone seems to really like my new art medium and I am loving my new craft. You can find me busy burning designs almost every day and I am getting commissions.
One such commission was for a key ring featuring a antlered goddess form and a copy of a box I had already made but had sold before.





Also I have been busy studying for my Celtic Moon pagan project. The purpose of the project is to dedicate time to explore our spirituality and perhaps look at other paths that perhaps have always intrigued us but never been more than a passing interest.
For me I have chosen to look at shamanism in it's many disguises but mostly the use of drums in shamanism. I will explain this further in a future blog post.


Until next time!





No comments:

Post a Comment